While on a visit to the United States, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with the most influential American entrepreneurs and heads of major funds, the presidential press service reports.
The meeting was organized with the assistance of JP Morgan, the world's largest investment bank. The total value of assets under management of the funds whose managers participated in the event exceeds $30 trillion.
In particular, the meeting was attended by:
- Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg LP,
- Bill Ackman, chairman of Pershing Square Capital
- Barry Sternlicht, chairman of Starwood Capital,
- founder of Citadel LLC Ken Griffin,
- President of Blackstone Investment Company Jonathan Gray,
- Philippe Hildebrand, Deputy Chairman of BlackRock,
- Eric Schmidt, Chairman of the Schmidt Futures charitable organization,
- Robert Kraft, Chairman of Kraft Group, and others.
The parties discussed the prospects of involving the largest American business in the reconstruction of Ukraine and the implementation of investment projects.
American entrepreneurs and financiers confirmed their readiness to make large-scale investments in Ukraine immediately after the end of the war and the receipt of security guarantees.
Zelenskyy also had a separate meeting with Larry Fink, chairman of BlackRock, the world's largest asset management company.
Background. As reported, Ukraine and the United States signed a memorandum of cooperation in the defense industry. Zelenskyy claims that this will allow Ukraine to produce air defense systems.